Thứ Năm, 6 tháng 10, 2011

apertrey May release!


Instead of posting every project I did from this month's Papertrey Ink release, I thought I would share my very favorite. Our challenge for the Bitty Baby Blessings set was to create a baby gift and to incorporate something other than what you would normally use in a stamping project. I put together a sweet little baby mini scrapbook and a little wool felt bag to tuck it into for safe memory keeping.
Hanaduckbagpine
I stamped the duck image onto the felt with white pigment ink (so that I could see the image to embroider it, but so that it wouldn't show from behind the embroidery) and then embroidered it using a simple backstitch and a french knot for the eye. I don't have a pattern for the bag. I just cut my felt twice as high as the mini book size, adding a little extra for the top hems, and a few inches wider than the book. I stitched the ribbon accent, top tie twill ribbons, and little embroidered duck patch onto the bag before I folded the felt in half and sewed up the sides.
Hanabookandbagpine
The little book is made from a light weight coasterboard and bound with a Zutter Bind-It-All, both from Eclectic Paperie.
Hanabookpagespine
Here's a look at the inside pages. you can click on the picture to see it bigger. This was such a fun project, I loved how it turned out, and I need to make another one for my Tacy.
Please stop over and visit the Papertrey Ink gallery to see the rest of my projects, project supplies, and the other design team member projects! You will be so inspired by what the team has come up with this month...
One of the new products that Papertrey is carrying that I am completely thrilled about this month is the new kraft paper! I had the privilege of helping Nichole choose just the right kraft paper - after I twisted her arm to carry it in the first place, of course! I am so excited for my kraft paper to arrive so that I can hold it in my hands! It won't come fast enough...

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét